19232Re: Lucy, Galadriel, and Temptation

  • Lynn Maudlin
    Dec 10, 2007
      De-lurking Marc, I think there are many situations in which *most* of
      us learn better the hard way. I've often admired those rare humans who
      can learn from the mistakes of others; for myself, I tend to be the,
      "what do you mean, 'the stove is hot'? OUCH!!!" type.

      Allowing her to experience the sadness of indulging in that spell may
      have been the 'least expensive' way for her to learn a solid lesson.

      imho, of course, ymmv.

      -- Lynn --

      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Marc Drayer" <mdrayer2001@...> wrote:

      > I've been thinking about this, and it prompted me to come out of
      > lurkdom...
      >
      > Of course, why Aslan allowed her to fall for the lesser temptation
      > to magically eavesdrop on her friend, I don't know.
      >
      > Under the Mercy,
      > Marc Drayer

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic