19203Re: [mythsoc] Article that mentions Tolkien

  • John D Rateliff
    Dec 5, 2007
      Thanks for the link, Wendell. I found the article itself appalling,
      but fascinating as an exercise in 'applicability'. And I would have
      missed it altogether if not for your posting.
      --JDR

      On Dec 4, 2007, at 11:31 AM, WendellWag@... wrote:

      > There's an article in the Readings section of _Harper's_ this month
      > that
      > mentions Tolkien in an interesting way. The Readings section
      > reprints writings
      > (or selections from writings) that the editors find important in
      > some way,
      > sometimes because they think it expresses a good idea, sometimes
      > because they
      > find the viewpoint horrifying. They make no comment themselves on
      > what they
      > think of it. Neither will I. It's "The Once & Future
      > Christendom" by James
      > P. Pinkerton from the September 10th issue of _The American
      > Conservative_. My
      > apologies if someone has already given a link to this.
      >
      > _http://www.amconmag.com/2007/2007_09_10/cover.html_
      > (http://www.amconmag.com/2007/2007_09_10/cover.html)
      >
      > Wendell Wagner
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic