19133Re: two new books

  • Jason Fisher
    Nov 12, 2007
      John,

      > Has anyone seen the new book THE EVOLUTION OF TOLKIEN'S MYTHOLOGY:
      > A STUDY OF THE HISTORY OF MIDDLE-EARTH by Elizabeth A. Whittingham?

      I haven't seen it, but a quick glance at her webpage at SUNY Brockport shows up some interesting work on Tolkien:

      http://www.brockport.edu/english/faculty/ewhittingham.htm

      She also wrote two entries for the J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia (ed. Drout, 2007): "Dramatizations: Stage and Spoken" and "Trench Fever", which I have read. Both were good if not exceptional. Strangely, she doesn't mention these in her online vita.

      Jason
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic