19079Re: [mythsoc] Re: The Company They Keep-review

    Nov 4, 2007
      In a message dated 11/4/2007 1:32:28 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      lynnmaudlin@... writes:

      My goodness! I'm glad to see the book reviewed but this is the
      weirdest review I've seen yet-- I wonder if the writer actually read
      the book? I guess I don't know much about the Midwest Book Review and
      its purpose, etc., but this feels a bit like damning with faint praise
      to me - except it's not praise, it's more a tiny sample, a
      hodge-podge. It smells like "Henry" skimmed the book, pulled a few
      quotes, and considered that a review. :(

      I think the strangest thing about the review is that the reviewer says that
      the book is "obviously timely given the current interest in these authors as
      evidenced by widely-popular movies made from books of theirs." Right, that's
      what's most important about an author, whether there is a current movie made
      from the author's books.