      From: Lynn Maudlin
      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, August 31, 2007 1:35 PM
      Subject: [mythsoc] Re: Jackson Films

      This is one of the places Jackson falls down: he's not that
      experienced as a director of GOOD actors and he actually had quite a
      few. "Nuclear Galadriel" was particularly ineffective because you
      couldn't hear the dialog <I>which is darn important!</I>

      > He had Ian McKellan and Christopher Lee, for heaven's sake! Why
      > couldn't he just have let them have a silent, mental battle - both
      > actors are more than capable of putting that across in a dramatic
      > way. It would have been much more satisfying to watch than all that
      > kung fu nonsense.

      Oh heavens - the wizard-fu, I completely forgotten that embarassing
      sequence... {{much eye-rolling}}

      Nevermind.

      -- Lynn --