18589Re: [mythsoc] Re: Mythcon 39

  • John D Rateliff
    Aug 14, 2007
      On Aug 14, 2007, at 9:15 AM, David Emerson wrote:
      > We did have a very nice BreeMoot here in ninety-something, but of
      > course that required a much smaller planning effort (in fact, I
      > think David Lenander may have done the whole thing himself).

      That would be BreeMoot 3, in 1997. A v. nice little gathering indeed.
      I believe that's where I met David Salo and Lisa Starr, and got to
      spend some time with David (E) and David (L) and Nancy (M), as well
      as a visiting Dane whose name I don't remember who had a lot of
      interesting information about Tolkien fandom in Europe. I also
      remember debating definitions of fantasy with Ruth Berman, who took a
      much more inclusive view than I did (and do). Have BreeMoots fallen
      into abeyance, or have I just missed the announcements?

      --JDR
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic