18577Re: Mythcon 39 - Wonderful event news posted!!!...

  • Anthony and Jessica
    Aug 13, 2007
      Hey there all,
      Thank you Lynn for posting the things to do items, indeed we plan to
      get a nice document together of area interests and places to shops. I
      especially loved how David created a doc for this years MC with
      bookstores in the area, I plan doing this as well, and have also found
      a great park in the area, perhaps we could do a bring your own grub
      picnic in the park if time allows--the park looks amazing...but as of
      right now honoring requests for travel directions I have been working
      with mythwebhobbit Randy to get info up on MC 39, as posted on
      Mythsoc.org and here tis:

      http://mythsoc.org/mythcon39.html

      I encourage everyone who plans to make it to MC 39 to get their early
      memberships and contact anyone of us with questions. If you are in the
      Northeast and would like to volunteer we are rounding out the cmte and
      volunteers for positions. Also Jessie and I 's local mythopoeic
      discussion group "The Northeast Tolkien Society" www.herenistarion.org
      will be meeting soon and will cover a chat of MC 39. Stay tuned here
      and there for news of that group.

      Best,
      Anthony

      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn Maudlin" <lynnmaudlin@...> wrote:

      > I'm glad that a Northeast Mythcon is so appealing--
      >
      > A little taste to whet your appetite:
      >
      > Central Connecticut State University, 1615 Stanley Street, New
      > Britain, Connecticut, 06050. The campus is 24.5 miles from Bradley
      > International Airport, according to Google Maps.
      >
      > http://www.ccsu.edu/virtualtour/virtualtourhome.html
      > http://www.ccsu.edu/Things_ToDo.htm
      >
      > Down toward the bottom of the rather extensive "things to do" page
      > there are links for transportation; it's too early to book travel
      > (shoot, you can only book Amtrak 11 months in advance! who knew?!) but
      > it's NEVER too early to start your Mythcon savings account!
      >

      > I'm sure Anthony and Jessica will post on this list when they start
      > having meetings and I do indeed encourage local (even not-so-local)
      > people to get involved - conferences are much more fun when we're
      > really invested in the process.
      >
      > -- Lynn --

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic