18442very silly stuff

  • John D Rateliff
    Jul 9, 2007
      Here's something very silly I happened to come across last week:
      Peter Jackson's 'The Lord of the RIngs' as experienced by a bunch of
      numskulls trying to play thorough the story as if it were a typical
      D&D adventure.

      http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=612

      The story is still ongoing, after about a hundred and twenty
      installments; they're currently messing around in the middle of the
      Battle of the Pelennor Fields. The best episode of those I've seen so
      far is the one covering Elrond's sudden appearance in Rohan, here
      presented as a desperate attempt by the DM to fit a plot-hole caused
      by narrator inattention:

      http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=1148

      So, if you like D&D jokes, enjoy. If not, or if you don't like to
      see the Jackson films mocked, better to give this a pass.

      --John R.
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic