18335Re: [mythsoc] Re: Announcements of Future Mythcons

    Jun 2, 2007
      My personal theory is that there are about 100 people who we can always
      expect to come to Mythcon. (This may not be literally true. It may be that
      there are 120 regulars, 100 of which will be able to come to any random Mythcon,
      or perhaps it's 150 regulars, 100 of which will be able to come to any random
      Mythcon.) The other attendees will be people who you've hit with your
      publicity. My theory in 1994 was that we could afford to spend about four dollars
      to recruit each additional person beyond the core 100 people who usually
      attend Mythcon. (This is ignoring the labor of committee members.) So if we
      spent four cents apiece to print 1000 Mythcon flyers (for a total of forty
      dollars) and we had committee people and friends hit a dozen local science
      fiction cons (and some other important cons) and put 50 to 100 flyers out at each
      con, we did O.K. if we recruited 10 people that way.