18211Re: Farewell, Lloyd Alexander

  • Jason Fisher
    May 21, 2007
      > While working on the Mythlore index project, I ran across a
      > letter from Alexander in one of the earliest issues, so we go
      > way back with him.

      I wrote to him twice back the early 1980s � even venturing to send him copies of some poems I had written. He replied to both letters (typed and signed by hand), offering comments on my poems, and telling me about the new book he was working on (it was probably The Beggar Queen or The Illyrian Adventure; I don't recall at the moment), and he sent me an autographed commemorative pamphlet about the Prydain Cycle. He was the best.

      Jason