18068Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 2570

  • Matthew Winslow
    May 10, 2007
      On 10 May 2007 11:22:14 -0000, mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > Posted by: "David Emerson" emerdavid@... emerdavid1
      > Wed May 9, 2007 9:56 am (PST)
      > >Diagraming Old English Sentences
      > >Robert D. Stevick 229
      >
      > Oooh, THAT sounds like fun!

      I studied under Bob Stevick as an undergrad. He's now retired, but I
      bump into him occasionally at the bookstore. He's got an incredibly
      dry wit and voluminous knowledge of Old English (and English in
      general). I'm not sure if you're comment was meant to be
      tongue-in-cheek or not, but I definitely would find such an article by
      Bob fascinating.

      --
      Matthew Winslow
      mwinslow@...

      Currently Reading: Olympos by Dan Simmons

      "How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught
      in the roller of an electric typewriter?"
      --Woody Allen