17992Re: Mythcon travel issues

  • lynnmaudlin
    May 2, 2007
      Do you remember the first Wheaton Mythcon and we essentially demanded
      the committee arrange to pick up the folks flying in?! wow, times have
      changed (and we've grown up and entered the Real World, I dare say...
      but at Mythcon we return to Middle-earth).

      My sympathy to the folks whose regular driving lives will be
      negatively impacted by this accident-- (AMAZING nobody died and, to my
      knowledge, only the tanker driver was injured - wow).

      -- Lynn --

      >>BART is REALLY valuable. I assume it connects with
      >>airport, for those who aren't renting a vehicle.

      >There will be more detail about this in PR2, but BART goes right into
      >the San Francisco Airport and connects via a shuttle bus to the Oakland
      >Airport. However, at the other end as Wendell notes you have to catch a
      >cab or have someone pick you up. It's well over a mile from the BART
      >station to Clark Kerr, and not something you'd walk with luggage.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic