17824Re: [mythsoc] Re: new member introducing herself

  • David Emerson
    Mar 14, 2007
      Welcome, Cristina.

      >You would do well to get Tolkien: a Biography by
      >Humphrey Carpenter and try to forget anything you
      >read in Grotta's collection of errors and
      >fabrications. If you want to go further, Tolkien's
      >collected Letters (ed. by Carpenter and C. Tolkien)
      >are indispensable; and for serious in-depth facts
      >there is our own Wayne Hammond's massive JRR Tolkien
      >Companion and Guide.

      All very good suggestions. I would add Tom Shippey's ROAD TO MIDDLE-EARTH is essential, and AUTHOR OF THE CENTURY is right up there with it.

      emerdavid

      PeoplePC Online
      A better way to Internet
      http://www.peoplepc.com