17705Re: [mythsoc] Re: The Beowulf translation

  • Larry Swain
    Jan 5, 2007

      > --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Swain" <theswain@...>
      >

      > > controversy and misquotation specifically on Slashdot.com
      >
      > But of course Slashdot is the *absolute worst* when it comes to
      > gossip, scuttlebutt, and counterfactual bilge. I would have
      > thought that in light of the personally malicious scat they've
      > had to endure from that forum the Estate would know not to
      > believe a word of it.

      Apparently not...but then I don't have a lot of info to go on, just what I read from Drout. Perhaps if enough fans and scholars alike asked the Estate to allow the project to go on, we'd get somewhere, but then that also might make them disinclined to be helpful Who knows?

      Larry Swain

      Search for products and services at:
      http://search.mail.com