17677Re: [mythsoc] Need Advice About DragonCon 2007

  • John D Rateliff
    Dec 29, 2006
      I shd think Tolkien was a bit old school for DragonCon; at least it
      has (had) a reputation in the gaming industry for edgy and goth
      rather than mainstream. But I've never been myself, and perhaps my
      impressions are out of date. In any case, I wd think you'd have
      better luck at GenCon.

      --JDR

      On Dec 29, 2006, at 8:01 AM, jef.murray wrote:
      > Greetings!
      >
      > I've shown some work at DragonCon in Atlanta
      > in the past, but skipped last year because, well,
      > frankly, I am really only interested in events
      > related to J.R.R. Tolkien and, to a certain degree,
      > C.S. Lewis. I'd found that DragonCon seemed a little
      > too bizarre for my tastes.
      >
      > But, when I was at the Gathering of the Fellowship
      > this last summer, several folk from our region mentioned
      > that DragonCon was a good event for Tolkien folk, but
      > you really had to "hang out" with the right folks.
      >
      > So, I was wondering what you folks thought? Should
      > I try again and really make an effort to seek out
      > other Ringers? I'd be participating in the art show
      > (please see http://www.JefMurray.com and
      > http://www.DoorwayDragons.com ) and, perhaps, giving a
      > talk. But, I _really_ don't want to be disappointed again,
      > as I have been in previous years.
      >
      > Any thoughts/recommendations would be most
      > appreciated!
      >
      > Jef
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic