17674Need Advice About DragonCon 2007

  • jef.murray
    Dec 29, 2006
      Greetings!

      I've shown some work at DragonCon in Atlanta
      in the past, but skipped last year because, well,
      frankly, I am really only interested in events
      related to J.R.R. Tolkien and, to a certain degree,
      C.S. Lewis. I'd found that DragonCon seemed a little
      too bizarre for my tastes.

      But, when I was at the Gathering of the Fellowship
      this last summer, several folk from our region mentioned
      that DragonCon was a good event for Tolkien folk, but
      you really had to "hang out" with the right folks.

      So, I was wondering what you folks thought? Should
      I try again and really make an effort to seek out
      other Ringers? I'd be participating in the art show
      (please see http://www.JefMurray.com and
      http://www.DoorwayDragons.com ) and, perhaps, giving a
      talk. But, I _really_ don't want to be disappointed again,
      as I have been in previous years.

      Any thoughts/recommendations would be most
      appreciated!

      Jef
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic