1744Re: [mythsoc] Hogwarts' locales

  • Ted Sherman
    Jul 1, 2000
      Yes, both the Winchester house and Hearst Castle would be good locations. What
      about the resort hotel where The Shining was filmed? From the outside, at least,
      that would be impressive.

      By the way, if I remember my San Jose history correctly (having been born and
      raised there), Mrs. Winchester was in a tower of the house when the San
      Francisco earthquake of '06 hit. The tower collapsed, killing her.

      The brightly colored paint on the outside of the WH, however, would not be
      appropriate. Hogwarts needs to be a dingy gray.

      Dr. Theodore James Sherman, Editor
      Mythopoeic Literature
      Box X041, Department of English
      Middle Tennessee State University