17380Let's Hunt Some Orc! (was Re: The Hobbits Weep)

  • William Cloud Hicklin
    Dec 4, 2006
      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Jason Fisher <visualweasel@...>
      wrote:

      > > But none of that negates the lamentable fact that Jackson
      > > made Aragorn say, "Let's hunt some orc."
      >
      > Did that really bother you so much? It's not that far from an
      actual line in the book (note that I do not say "the actual
      line" -- this is obviously the line that inspired Jackson, but
      it's not spoken at quite the same place in the book):

      > 'I am called Strider,' answered Aragorn. 'I came out
      of
      > the North. I am hunting Orcs.'
      >
      > The line as written by Jackson, et al., seemed very slightly
      too modern in its diction, but it certainly might have been
      worse. It didn't bother me all that much.

      That line bothered me les than Gimli's response- "Yess!!"- a
      line which we hear over and over and over and over- as if JWB
      couldn't think of another way to express agreement.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic