17214Re: [mythsoc] mythology for England

    Nov 27, 2006
      Jason - Did you? Very good. I hope someday to see this book, to which I contributed a fair amount I followed your advice to write to that person at the publisher, and got back an auto-reply saying she's out till later this week.

      Did you cite Letter no. 180 to "Mr Thompson"? That contains the phrase "present them [the English] with a mythology of their own," which to my mind is a clearer indication of his intent in this respect than the more commonly cited paragraph from the Waldman letter.

      David Bratman