17205Re: [mythsoc] Silmarillion dramatization(s)

  • Margaret Dean
    Nov 26, 2006
      Joan.Marie.Verba@... wrote:
      > Just for the record, Christopher Tolkien did record his reading of (parts of)
      > The Silmarillion. I bought the record (though I'm currently offering it for
      > sale on eBay).

      Actually there were at least two LPs recorded by Christopher
      Tolkien (because I remember the covers); IIRC one was The
      Darkening of Valinor and the Flight of the Noldor (with picture
      of Taniquetil) and the other the tale of Beren and Luthien (?)
      (with map of Beleriand, in green?). I believe I still have both
      of them though I can no longer play them.

      --Margaret Dean
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic