17134Re: [mythsoc] Unfact #2 (follow up)

  • John D Rateliff
    Nov 2 9:17 PM
      Fair enough.
      To put it simply, as a detailed account it's a hopeless mess; as
      a general overview, it's well-written and you could do far worse
      (alas). I leave to each reader to supply the appropriate adjectives
      he or she sees fit.

      On Nov 2, 2006, at 1:24 PM, David Emerson wrote:
      >> In short, a worthy effort fatally marred by her inability to get
      >> inessential detail right.
      > This may be picking nits, but since the erroneous details are
      > "inessential", does this really make it "fatally" flawed? Perhaps
      > the flaw is merely crippling but not death-inducing?
      > emerdavid
    • Show all 49 messages in this topic