Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

16946Re: [mythsoc] looking for travel advice

Expand Messages
  • WendellWag@aol.com
    Sep 6, 2006
    • 0 Attachment
      In a message dated 9/6/2006 3:03:24 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      dbratman@... writes:

      When traveling by myself in England, however, I usually stay in B&B's. I
      prefer "guest houses," as they're called: houses that have been coverted to
      all-guest accommodations, rather than someone's extra bedroom. For long
      stays I plan ahead; when traveling around I use the British tourist office
      facilities to find me a place in the next town.

      Yes, stay at B&B's (bed and breakfasts), not at hotels. Most of them that
      I've stayed at are actually entire houses converted into guest accommodations
      (including living space for the owners/managers), but I've always heard them
      referred to as B&B's. You will often get to talk to the owner as you eat
      breakfast. You can find a number of websites for finding bed and breakfasts in
      London just by Googling on the words "bed and breakfasts" and "London". If
      you're traveling around, go to Tourist Information in the town you're
      currently in one day before you leave and ask to book a room in the next town. All
      hotel and B&B rooms are comparatively small in the U.K. Don't expect to find
      American-sized rooms.

      Wendell Wagner

      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic