16939RE: [mythsoc] Tolkien Criticism

  • Oberhelman, D
    Sep 6, 2006
      Ashleigh,

      I have a few other suggestions to add to the mix. This is a good review
      article of criticism after 1982 by Michael Drout and Hilary Wynne:
      http://members.aol.com/JamesIMcNelis/9_2/Drout_9_2.pdf

      For earlier criticism, you should consult Richard West's Tolkien
      Criticism: An Annotated Checklist from Kent State UP (rev. ed. 1981).

      Does your library have Proquest Dissertations (the online DAI)? You can
      use that to see how many dissertations have been done on Tolkien.

      Good luck!

      David D. Oberhelman

      Associate Professor

      Humanities-Social Sciences Division

      Oklahoma State University Library

      Stillwater, OK 74078

      Phone: (405) 744-9773 Fax: (405) 744-7579

      Email: d.oberhelman@...