16936Tolkien Criticism

  • Ashleigh
    Sep 5, 2006
      Hi all,

      Long-time lurker, first-time poster...

      I'm currently working on a research proposal for my PhD thesis
      (looking at the relationship between 'reality' and 'fantasy' in
      popular epic fantasy). I want to give some indication of the extent
      of 'Tolkien studies', something along the lines of "In 2005, there
      were at least xx books and xx journal articles published on
      Tolkien...". Even better would be if I could specify how much of that
      was just on 'The Lord of the Ring'. Does anyone have any suggestions
      as to where I could find these types of statistics?

      Cheers,
      Ashleigh Ward
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic