16862Re: [mythsoc] awards

  • Berni Phillips
    Aug 8, 2006
      From: "Oberhelman, D" <d.oberhelman@...>

      > Since Janet is no doubt recovering and most of the others are still in
      > planes or on the road, I'll briefly say that a good time was had by all.
      > The keynote speakers, Lois McMaster Bujold and Amy Sturgis, were both
      > outstanding, and there were many fascinating papers on a wide variety of
      > topics such as Inklings, Native American fantasy, fantasy landscape, etc.
      > I'll let others go into the details, but I and others I talked to enjoyed
      > ourselves thoroughly.
      >
      > **************************************
      > David D. Oberhelman, Ph.D.
      > Associate Professor
      > Humanities-Social Sciences Division
      > Oklahoma State University Library
      > Stillwater, OK 74078
      > Phone: (405) 744-9773 Fax: (405) 744-7579
      > Email: d.oberhelman@...

      It should be noted, too, that David Oberhelman is one of two new stewards
      announced at Mythcon. I'm sorry -- I forgot which position David is doing.
      We also have a new webmaster (Randy Hoyt? Was that the name?) as the other
      new steward. The discussion groups position was rolled into the membership
      secretary under Marion Van Loo.

      Berni
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic