16802Re: [mythsoc] Minas Tirith and Constantinople

  • Jason Fisher
    Jul 10, 2006
      > [Carl F. Hostetter wrote]
      > A line of questioning Tolkien himself addressed in Letter 297:

      Ack! I hadn't come across that yet. There wasn't an entry for Uruk (or Erech) in my copy of Letters, so I'd missed it on my initial (quick) survey. So just out of curiosity, after your astute reply, I took a look at the Hammond/Scull expanded index to the letters (I don't have the updated copy myself, but one can browse through the complete index on Amazon.com): Uruk still isn't in there, but Erech is. :)

      Thanks for pointing this out, Carl.

      Jason
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic