16673Re: [mythsoc] Wanted: Panel ideas for Mythcon

  • Ellen
    Jun 1, 2006
      Janet,

      I noticed in the progress report there is a video room. If you think
      there might be some interest, Stephan and I can bring the videotape of
      The Willow Maiden, the ballet that I showed excerpts from at Mythcon two
      years ago.

      I also recall someone on the mythsoc list expressing interest in reading
      her work. If there are enough other writers, I would be glad to
      coordinate a reading. Perhaps we could get 4 or 5 people to read 10
      minute excerpts and have questions and answers afterwards. I know there
      are lots of writers in the group but am not sure how many are coming to
      Mythcon. I would be glad to participate in the reading, as I do have a
      second draft of my novel complete (an excerpt was just published in the
      last Mythic Circle). Though if we have enough higher profile, i.e.,
      professionally published authors, I would be glad to moderate instead.

      I will be attending the Odyssey writing workshop in New Hampshire for
      six weeks so I'm afraid to commit to too much, but am certainly open to
      working on a reading or participating in a panel. If anyone else is
      interested in writing related things, perhaps we could have a panel on
      writing workshops and I could share some of my experiences at Odyssey.

      Just let me know if any of this may fit in with the interests of other
      volunteers.

      Thanks,

      Ellen Denham