      To: Tolkien_Forever@yahoogroups.com
      From:  "Debbie" <primmy_b@...
      Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 22:04:10 -0000
      Subject: [Tolkien_Forever] Re: "Reading Day"
      participants request: please read

      Wow, that is a great idea to promote Tolkien Reading
      Day
      like that (with ORC) and get the main Library
      involved early, etc.
      Very cool!
      I bet all that synergy and involvement ahead of time
      will get us
      a whopping reading day audience next year! I love all
      the
      cross-pollination:
      interest in the original books generated interest in
      the films, which
      have
      in turn created interest in the books again.
      -Debbie/primmy

      --- In Tolkien_Forever@yahoogroups.com, Garfeimao
      wrote:

      > Jacki, I talked to a friend of mine who works at an
      LA
      > Library, and she gave me her card and said that any
      > kind of big event should probably go through the
      > Central Library in Downtown. Anyhow, if we go
      through
      > the Library and work this early, we may not have to
      > advertise it, they would probably do it for us. I'll
      > send you an email offlist and CC her into it so you
      > can get talking.
      >
      > OH, and ORC will be 2 weeks before Tolkien Reading
      day
      > next year, so we can do a version of it at the
      > convention and then promote it heavily at the con.
      >

      > > From: "Jacki Stevens"
      > > Date: Tue May 9, 2006 2:19pm(PDT)
      > > Subject: Re: "Reading Day" participants request:
      > > please read
      > >
      > > Regarding Reading day (from the Grand Master of
      > > Ceremonies!)
      > > I have taken up the gauntlet to ensure that our
      > > next years Reading
      > > Day is going to come off without a hitch. (Is this
      > > ok with you,
      > > Kristi?) I am contacting several sponsors to try
      and
      > > raise the
      > > funding for advertising as this is our major
      expense
      > > to try and get
      > > the word out. We already know what day it will be,
      > > so I figure, why
      > > not?
      > > I contacted the Festival of Books organizers to
      > > try and get their
      > > secrets. It is simple networking, so it seems. I
      > > realize that our
      > > next reading day isn't until March of 2007, but I
      > > know a lot of you
      > > work in the industries where connections matter.
      If

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/DtIolB/TM