16455RE: [mythsoc] Re: Flieger's Smith, and a question for academics

  • Beth Russell
    Mar 17, 2006
      >What else is in this
      >Bodleian collection? How many unpublished papers, letters,
      >manuscripts, drafts? I thought everything came to light in The
      >History of Middle-earth, but obviously this is not the case (or is
      >only the case for Middle-earth). There are also the collections at
      >Marquette and Wheaton. Do any of you know the extent of these? Can we
      >expect more wonders from the people who do research at these places?
      >Sara Ciborski

      Hammond and Scull quote many times from previously unpublished writings
      in their new "Reader's Companion." There is an unpublished time scheme
      for LOTR that has many nuggets of information. For instance, that it
      Gimli, Aragorn, and Legolas did indeed see Saruman at the edge of
      Fangorn Forest. The book adds to the wonderful depth and
      interconnectedness of LOTR.

      Beth Russell

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic