16405Re: [mythsoc] someone from the past

  • Margaret Dean
    Mar 3, 2006
      "J. Kriss White" wrote:

      > Also - there was a lady... I'm guessing she'd be 40s-ish now - I'm not
      > even sure I'm recalling her name correctly - Margaret Purdy or something
      > like that, who was head of a discussion group back east (New Jersey?
      > Philadelphia?). She used to come to the Mythcons in California,
      > and we corresponded for a while. I know this was awfully vague
      > information, but does anyone recall who I'm speaking of and know if
      > she's still in Mythsoc?

      Yes, I'm still here. :) I don't run Romenna anymore (the New
      York City/New Jersey area discussion group), mainly because I
      married, changed my name to Dean, and moved to Maryland. (Also
      because the group had made it once through The Silmarillion, The
      Hobbit, and The Lord of the Rings, and I don't think we felt up
      to tackling the History of Middle-earth at that point.)

      I'm still living in Maryland, in the little old town of Port
      Deposit near the mouth of the Susquehanna, with husband Rob and
      two sons, Norman and William. Norman just turned sixteen, and
      William is twelve. And yeah, I'll be hitting the big five-O in
      August of this year.

      Good to hear from you! I'm afraid I remember you only vaguely,
      mostly the name. Were you getting Romenna reports for a while?

      Anyway, yes, I'm still a member (I think? I may need to renew my
      actual membership, though I know I'm subscribed to Mythlore) and
      a listmember here. Welcome back!

      --Margaret Dean
      <margdean@...>
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic