16330Re: [mythsoc] Re: A. N. Wilson's biography

    Feb 3, 2006
      The problem is that in the first edition of his biography of Lewis, Wilson
      claimed that Gresham said that he saw Lewis and Davidman having sex *before*
      they were married. This was why Wilson dropped the story in his later
      editions without comment. I remember this quite specifically from my reading of the
      first edition because I commented on it in a letter I wrote to _Mythprint_.
      I also commented on Wilson's absurd misreading of the "Nazi, homosexual
      pleasures" letter (from Lewis's letters, where Wilson ridiculously attributed a
      student's comment that Lewis made fun of to Lewis himself). This story was
      also dropped in the later editions without comment.