16088Re: [mythsoc] Miller ... Chronicles of Narnia ... NR Online

  • Matthew Winslow
    Dec 27, 2005
      On 12/23/05, John D Rateliff <sacnoth@...> wrote:
      > It was interesting, in our latest Mythlond meeting, to find out
      > folk's reaction to Narnia. I think without exception it turned out
      > that those who had first read it as children still loved it after
      > many re-readings and found it retained its charm now that they were
      > adults. Those who read it for the first time as adults found it dull,
      > bland, or offensive.

      I missed the latest Mithlond due to illness, but I would've ruined the
      trends, John. <g> I first read Narnia in 3rd grade (right after the
      cartoon came out) and found them about as boring as you could get. I
      then re-read them in my late teens, and found them much better.

      Matthew Winslow

      Currently Reading: Quicksilver by Neal Stephenson
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic