16082Re: [mythsoc] Miller ... Chronicles of Narnia ... NR Online

  • Christine Howlett
    Dec 25, 2005
      Well, I was about 30 when I first read and loved them - another life-long
      kid-lit fan. I liked CSL's trilogy, especially Perelandra, but parts of
      That Hideous Strength put a bad taste in my mouth. But CSL's imagery is
      compelling in spite of his peculiar ideas of women.
      Christine

      > From: "Stolzi" <Stolzi@...>
      >
      >> Well, in a counter-data-point, I first read them at college-age or even
      >> later, and loved
      >> them. I'm trying to remember if I read them all before purchasing the
      >> boxed
      >> set in the bookshop of Westminster Abbey during a Dec. 1967 stay in
      >> London...
      >
      > I first read it in high school and loved it. It was as popular in my high
      > school as Harry Potter is now.
      >
      > Joan

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic