15994RE: [mythsoc] Defense of Narnia against Pullman

  • Jay Hershberger
    Dec 9, 2005
      CF: His is a Jesus that knows nothing of Hell (or of
      Heaven, really), and who came to win us salvation only from the
      "oppression" of other men, and only so that we can all just be our
      mellow selves in our own groovy way, where everything is cool, and
      nothing harshes our buzz.

      JH: Yes. Can you imagine the Ante-Nicene Christians giving themselves
      (and their children) over to the Romans to be consumed by wild animals,
      burned alive, or torn into pieces for the sake of faith in Pullman's
      version of Jesus?

      Cheers,

      Jay Hershberger
      Moorhead, MN