15934Re: [mythsoc] CSL on live-action Aslan: "Blasphemy"

    Dec 3, 2005
      In a message dated 12/3/2005 11:16:31 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      WendellWag@... writes:

      That's unlikely. Until the books were re-ordered in the mid-1990's by the
      publishers, hardly anyone even thought about the books being ordered in any
      way except for the publication order. The only reason that the books got
      re-ordered is that Douglas Gresham, who essentially controls any decisions
      by the
      Estate, decided that he liked the new ordering. The letter that they
      constantly cite is a hopelessly flimsy excuse. Lewis never communicated any
      thought
      about re-ordering the books to anyone else except that one child, and that
      doesn't sound like anything except him being nice to the kid.

      When I wrote that, I was *not* discussing whether the publication or the
      chronological ordering is "better." That's an argument about literary opinion,
      and while I have an opinion about it, I'm willing to concede that there's an
      argument for each side. On the subject of whether the subject of the
      ordering of the books even came up before the mid-1990's though, I don't think
      there's any question. No one even discussed the issue of the ordering before
      then. The only reason that the change happened is because of the taste of
      Douglas Gresham.