15932Re: [mythsoc] CSL on live-action Aslan: "Blasphemy"

    Dec 3, 2005
      At 02:23 PM 12/3/2005 -0500, Hugh Davis wrote:
      >The letter (on http://www.nthposition.com/blasphemyinnarnia.php) says
      >Magician's Nephew in brackets, so I had that in my head as the one adapted.

      And that is what the news article originally quoted by Patrick Wynne (based
      on the letter, presumably) says too, which I didn't notice when I wrote
      about the 1959 LWW.

      But Hooper's Companion, my source, is very clear that it was LWW. He gives
      a cast list, and I do not recall Peter, Susan, Edmund, Lucy, and Mr Tumnus
      appearing in The Magician's Nephew.

      I suspect what happened is this: whoever added the bracketed reference to
      MN to the letter had registered that the book dramatized was the first of
      the Chronicles, and then went to look at a current copy and found that MN
      was the "first"!!!

      Yet another example of the toxicity of the change of ordering.

      David Bratman
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic