15930Re: [mythsoc] CSL on live-action Aslan: "Blasphemy"

  • Mike Foster
    Dec 3, 2005
      We discussed this yesterday when Far Westfarthing smial discussed LWW.
      Gresham had defended his re-ordering at Belmont University's CSL
      conference Nov. 3. Applauders included me. Though I had tried
      severally to read in the publication order, never got further than VotDT.

      Bought the reordered set & sped through those puppies.

      LWW: having re-read it for 3rd? time for smial, it was both better and
      worse than I remembered it was. It will make a smashing film of the
      Action Jackson variety.

      Can we have Mythsoc prize for Most Tolkien Ripoffs in LWW Noted?
      I stopped counting at ten, but I'm sure we can find more.

      Jo & I did a dramatic reading of the Ruth Pitter-CSL debate re:
      catechesis on the Beavers' hospitality that RP records in Hooper's CSL
      Companion in 'Who's Who' to amuse the group. Twice.

      To better understand Aslan, observe sparrows at a bird feeder when a big
      scarlet tom cardinal flies up.

      Cheers,
      Mike

      Guess who won both debates?

      WendellWag@... wrote:

      >In a message dated 12/3/2005 8:11:01 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      >HughHDavis@... writes:
      >
      >Does the fact their only take was MN suggest they were following the
      >chronology (just to stir that pot)?
      >

      >That's unlikely. Until the books were re-ordered in the mid-1990's by the
      >publishers, hardly anyone even thought about the books being ordered in any
      >way except for the publication order. The only reason that the books got
      >re-ordered is that Douglas Gresham, who essentially controls any decisions by the
      >Estate, decided that he liked the new ordering. The letter that they
      >constantly cite is a hopelessly flimsy excuse. Lewis never communicated any thought
      >about re-ordering the books to anyone else except that one child, and that
      >doesn't sound like anything except him being nice to the kid.
      >
      >Wendell Wagner

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic