15922Re: [mythsoc] Re: can anyone recommend books/videos for a 10-yr-old girl?

  • Mike Foster
    Dec 1, 2005
      Ellen & Walter,
      You are correct, Ms. & Sir.

      David Emerson gave me & Jo this as a beer & pizza gift when he came down
      to Metamora to jam with a Fine Kettle of Fish on our way to Mythcon in
      Nashville in '03 or in Ann Arbor in '04. The fact that central to
      Illinois from St. Paul to Nashville makes much more sense than to U.
      Michigan leads me to believe it was '04.

      It is brilliant. Circe myth evoked, Hansel & Gretel reversed, Disney's
      Pinocchio, Edge-O-Phobia & Jackson's Moria Staggering Staircases also
      well done.

      Like every truly great tale as old as Sir Gawaine & Treasure Island or
      CSL & JRRT, or as recent as Yolen-Stemple's Pay the Piper or
      Horvath-Wiles Line Drives: 100 Contemporary Baseball Poems, it is about
      Redemption.

      And about two hours long.

      Heed Ellen's & Padgett's advice: Foster's advice.

      Mike