15841Re: [mythsoc] Norton & Key & c

  • Mike Foster
    Nov 20, 2005
      David wrote:

      "Star Man's Son, 2500 A.D._ (also published as _Daybreak, 2500
      A.D._) might work, at least I remember it being sold as an Arrow Book
      club book for middle-grades."

      A great call, David. I remember being scared to doodah by it at first reading, 11 or so. "The Copper Bowl" and "The Curse of Yig" would soon come along to outscare it, but it was a very good tale.

      Disney's _Treasure Planet_ was quite true to Stevenson's narrative while placing it in a futuristic context.

      Cheers,
      Mike