15711RE: [mythsoc] count the errors

  • Jay Hershberger
    Nov 6 12:25 PM
      DB: Michael White, author of the most error-ridden book on Tolkien ever
      published, is now similarly hacking his way around C.S. Lewis.

      JH: I don't know much about the shape and chronology of Lewis' life,
      but even I was able to detect multiple errors in Mr. White's article.
      For instance, Mr. White claims that Lewis never wrote another word of
      "religious commentary" after 1949. Is this true? If I am mistaken,
      please let me know; I thought that Letters to Malcolm and A Grief
      Observed were both written rather late. Do they not count as "religious
      commentary?" What about the Chronicles themselves? They at least
      induce religious commentary by others. Any thoughts?

      Jay Hershberger
      Moorhead, MN