15705Re: [mythsoc] George Sayer, RIP

  • Mike Foster
    Nov 1, 2005
      George Sayer lived a goodly 91 years in every sense of the word.

      I had been rereading -Jack- for an upcoming presentation and was struck
      again by his visit to Lewis in hospital near the end, when Lewis begged
      Sayer to get him cigarettes. Sayer writes: "I only meant to give him
      one."

      In fact, he gave Jack more than the one. Mercy trumps justice again.

      Mike