15284RE: [mythsoc] HP6-a different view

  • Debra Murphy
    Jul 26, 2005
      I think Janet's is an astute observation. Rowlings has always
      reminded me of Dickens more than anyone, and it's a wild-and-woolly
      type of imagination, especially with characters, that I find
      enormously attractive.

      My kids (aged 7 to 24) and I all love HP, and some of us are going to
      be re-reading the entire series in the next year in order to put
      together our own scenarios of how we think JKR will finish it all up.

      I, too, was somewhat annoyed with Harry in book 5, but felt it was not
      only important for the boy's character arc as an adolescent, but may
      also have plot significance which will only be illumined in no. 7.
      Loved number 6--Harry's maturity, the tightness of the plot, and the
      maddening cliffhanger about a certain character-who-will-not-be-named.

      Debra Murphy

      Signup at www.doteasy.com
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic