15189RE: [mythsoc] 4, 5 & 6 graders...suggestions for short stories?

  • lezlie1@znet.com
    Jul 1, 2005
      Lloyd Alexander is definately on the list. Although, I want to stick with
      shorts, it's only a three week class.
      I expect much in the way of imagination--- luckily, the fantasy course is a
      literature class not a writing class.

      The writing class is a much more straightforward syllabus & for older
      students. Thanks, I appreciate the input. Lezlie

      Quoting Hugh Davis <HughHDavis@...>:
> [...]
      > my
      >
      > cup of tea, but I was asked when someone else backed out)--we wrote and
      >
      > re-wrote some fairy tales, and the girls were very imaginative in their
      >
      > work.
      >

      > What about reading some Lloyd Alexander? I loved the Prydain books when I
      >
      > was a 4th grader.
      >

      > Hugh
      >

      > >From: lezlie1@...

      > >To: Folklorest list
      > <folklorest@yahoogroups.com>,"mythsoc@yahoogroups.com"
      >
      > ><mythsoc@yahoogroups.com>
      >
      > >Subject: [mythsoc] 4, 5 & 6 graders...suggestions for short stories?
      >
      > >Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 08:32:22 -0700
      >

      > >Hello all,
      >
      > >I'm doing a little teaching at UC Berkeley's "Summer Camp for Gifted
      >
      > >Children" this July. (A teacher fell while out salsa dancing and broke
      > her
      >
      > >ankle-- she may have just strained the Achilles tendon, the X-rays
      > aren't
      >
      > >clear. So, would I like the job? I don't normally teach youngsters,
      > but...
      >
      > >sure...)
      >

      > >Three classes for three weeks staring Monday. I'll be teaching writing
      >
      > >middle schoolers, speech to 4 & 5 graders (that should be fun), and --
      >
      > >FANTASY FICTION!! to 4, 5 & 6 graders -- any suggestions for short
      > stories?
      >

      > >Thanks loads! Lezlie
      >

      > >--

      > >"...it concerns three men who are about to be executed. The prison
      > governor
      >
      > >calls them to his office, and explains that each will be granted a last
      >
      > >request. The first one confesses that he has led a sinful life, and
      > would
      >
      > >like to see a priest. The governor says he thinks he can arrange that.
      > And
      >
      > >the second man? The second man explains that he is a professor of
      >
      > >cybernetics. His last request is to deliver a final and definitive
      > answer

      > >the question: what is cybernetics? The governor accedes to this request
      >
      > >also. And the third man? Well, he is a doctoral student of the professor
      > --
      >
      > >his request is to be executed second."Joke Related by Stafford Beer
      >
      > >October 2001

      > Fantasy science fiction
      >

      > Fantasy science fiction magazine
      >

      > Book writing software
      >

      > Writing book
      >

      > Writing child book
      >

      > Writing science fiction

      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >

      > Visit your group "mythsoc" on the web.

      "...it concerns three men who are about to be executed. The prison governor
      calls them to his office, and explains that each will be granted a last
      request. The first one confesses that he has led a sinful life, and would
      like to see a priest. The governor says he thinks he can arrange that. And
      the second man? The second man explains that he is a professor of
      cybernetics. His last request is to deliver a final and definitive answer to
      the question: what is cybernetics? The governor accedes to this request
      also. And the third man? Well, he is a doctoral student of the professor --
      his request is to be executed second."Joke Related by Stafford Beer
      October 2001
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic