15178Re: [mythsoc] Digest Number 1941

  • lezlie1@znet.com
    Jul 1, 2005
      Quoting Walkermonk@...:

      > In a message dated 7/1/2005 8:09:10 AM Central Daylight Time,
      > jbcroft@...
      >
      > writes:
      >
      > MKK: I don't suppose they'd appreciate a paper on Elric as the Sulky
      >
      > Teen-Age Angst Incarnation of the Immortal Hero, huh?

      LOL! I would love to read it-- generally what I thought of him, and never
      read another! (also the gratuitious violence-- not my cuppa...) Lezlie

      > Why not? It's a valid subgenre of the Immortal Hero. Must be some
      >
      > others out there who either influenced or were influenced by him, or
      >
      > present a good example for comparison. Heck, look how sulky Harry
      >
      > Potter got in the last book -- no big black sword, but plenty of angst!
      >

      > Janet
      >
      > ---
      >

      > Neil Gaiman has a really interesting (at least, I thought it was
      > interesting)
      >
      > short story about the influence of Moorcock on his own work.
      >

      > Grace Monk

      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >

      > Visit your group "mythsoc" on the web.

      "...it concerns three men who are about to be executed. The prison governor
      calls them to his office, and explains that each will be granted a last
      request. The first one confesses that he has led a sinful life, and would
      like to see a priest. The governor says he thinks he can arrange that. And
      the second man? The second man explains that he is a professor of
      cybernetics. His last request is to deliver a final and definitive answer to
      the question: what is cybernetics? The governor accedes to this request
      also. And the third man? Well, he is a doctoral student of the professor --
      his request is to be executed second."Joke Related by Stafford Beer
      October 2001
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic