15108Re: [mythsoc] CS Lewis and the "Committee revising Ancient and Modern [Hymns]"

    Jun 26, 2005
      It is possible that Tolkien was mistaken about what committee Lewis was
      actually a member of.

      However, there's no notes on this subject to the published letter, and it's
      not Vincent's job as translator to do original research. He merely needs
      to know what Tolkien's phrase "Committee revising Ancient and Modern" means
      grammatically so that he may translate it accurately, and I think we've
      answered that one.

      DB
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic