15090Re: [mythsoc] A Middle English Reader and Vocabulary

  • Carl F. Hostetter
    Jun 12, 2005
      You can read more about Tolkien's contributions to _Fourteenth
      Century Verse and Prose_, and its editorial history, in my edition of
      Tolkien's version of "Sir Orfeo" in _Tolkien Studies_ vol. 1. A PDF
      version is available for free at:

      (If I may, while I'm at it, I'd like to note a publishing error in my
      edition: On p. 120 of the volume, the bold heading that reads
      "Editorial changes" has been misplaced; it should precede the two-
      column list of editorial changes at the bottom of the previous page
      (119), which beings with "l. 11, se > se,". This is the list of
      editorial changes that I made to Tolkien's text.)
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic