15069Re: empire, etc. and "Tolkien Studies"

  • saraciborski
    May 31, 2005
      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Beth Russell" <russells@s...> wrote:

      > Two articles in the new Vol II of "Tolkien Studies" is relevant to the
      > whole issue of empire and colonization:
      >
      > Ford, Judy Ann. "The White City: The Lord of the Rings as an Early
      > Medieval Myth of the Restoration of the Roman Empire." 2: 53-73.
      >
      > Hoiem, Elizabeth Massa. "World Creation as Colonization: British
      > Imperialism in "Aldarion and Erendis." 2: 75-92.
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Beth

      What is and where does one find "Tolkien Studies"? I recall seeing
      something about this (a new journal?) among the posts I scanned before
      I recently joined. If someone has a quick answer--I'd be grateful.
      Otherwise I'll look it up on the web.
      Thanks,
      Sara Ciborski
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic