14543Re: [mythsoc] Lovecraft volume now in "Library of America"

  • Elizabeth Apgar Triano
    Apr 1, 2005
      I like pretty books, and more than that I like sturdy books, but I get
      nervous of really nice volumes because then I am afraid of them getting
      beat-up when we read them. It would be nice if someone eventually weighs
      in on other volumes, in terms of collections and also commentary, although
      if you ask me, Lovecraft stands pretty well on his own. My introduction
      was many years ago, in the form of a paperback volume with the delightful
      (she says sarcastically) cover showing a flower growing out of a dead man's
      mouth. Anyone have that one?

      Does acid-free paper mean that after a dozen-odd years you can still fold
      the pages? Although I guess the ribbon is supposed to preclude that habit.

      Elizabeth Apgar Triano
      lizziewriter@...
      amor vincit omnia
      www.lizziewriter.com