1423Books from Ignatius

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Apr 7, 2000
      No guarantees - I haven't read any of them.

      <A HREF="http://www.ignatius.com/">Ignatius Press - A leading Catholic Book
      Publisher (home page)</A>

      Tolkien: Man and Myth
      Joseph Pearce
      J.R.R. Tolkien is one of the most popular writers of our age. His Lord of the
      Rings was voted the greatest book of the century in several British surveys.
      This major new study of his life and his work explores the background of the
      man and the culture in which he wrote, and his relationships with other great
      literary writers, including C.S. Lewis.
      257 pp, Sewn Hardcover, $24.95

      Wisdom and Innocence
      Joseph Pearce
      Through years of meticulous research and access to the literary estate of
      G.K. Chesterton, Joseph Pearce presents a major biography of a 20th century
      literary giant, providing much important information on GKC never before
      published. A thoroughly delightful biography. Illustrated.
      536 pp, Sewn Softcover, $19.95

      Literary Converts
      Joseph Pearce
      Literary Converts is a biographical exploration into the spiritual lives of
      some of the greatest writers in the English language: Oscar Wilde, Evelyn
      Waugh, C.S. Lewis, Malcolm Muggeridge, Graham Greene, Edith Sitwell,
      Siegfried Sassoon, Hilaire Belloc, G.K. Chesterton, Dorothy Sayers, T.S.
      Eliot and J.R.R. Tolkien. The role of George Bernard Shaw and H.G. Wells in
      intensifying the religious debate despite not being converts themselves is
      also considered.

      Many will be intrigued to know more about what inspired their literary
      heroes; others will find the association of such names with Christian belief
      surprising or even controversial. Whatever viewpoint we may have, Literary
      Converts touches on some of the most important questions of the twentieth
      century, making it a fascinating read.

      Sewn Hardcover, $24.95
      Length: 464 pages
      Item: LITC-H