1395Re: [mythsoc] on the trail of the Succarath

  • Steve Schaper
    Mar 31 6:08 PM
      At 1:38 PM -0500 3/31/00, Stolzi@... wrote:
      >In a message dated 3/31/00 6:11:04 AM Central Standard Time,
      >ERATRIANO@... writes:
      >
      >> The
      >> Patagonian animal which is the "manatee" in this tale is what seems to
      >keep
      >> coming up on the web.
      >>

      >Manatees live in warm waters, don't they? Patagonia is extremely frigid.

      While I initially suggested ground sloths, the behavior with the pups
      sounds very marsupial. And there -were- large marsupials in South
      America in the past, as there were in Australia.

      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
      sschaper@...
      members.delphi.com/sschaper/web/sschaper.html
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic